Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1st book signing

Yesterday I went to my first book signing and it was with an author I LOVE!!! It was so much fun to get some insight into the author and where her ideas for her books came from. I just loved it!!! She is so adorable and had such a great personality. The author is Carrie Ryan who writes The Forest of Hand and Teeth, The Dead Tossed-Waves and The Dark and Hollow Places. Even though I did like all the books, The Dead-Tossed Waves was my most favorite book!!! I think its a must read!! But you do have to read all the books to really appreciate the story. The books are about the acopolyse of zombies and each book is told from a different persons point of view but they are all intertwined, so good!!!

After we were able to get our books signed and I even asked for a picture with her because she is awesome :)


Me and Carrie Ryan with her most recent book


I also had her sign my nook... cause I read books on it!!! and James Dashner of the mazerunner trilogy was also there (he live in Utah, didn't know that) and I had him sign my nook too (too bad its smearing). I haven't read the mazerunner books yet and I felt stupid telling him that but my friend is dropping off the books so that when I see him again I will have them read... ha ha!!


My Love of reading is continually growing. I never thought that I would turn into a book worm but I totally have. After meeting some amazing authors reading intrigues me even more. I look forward to many more book signings in the future!!!!

2 comments:

alli said...

So Cool!!
I'm half way through Forest of Hands and Teeth- I must admit I am kind of creeped out, but in a good way! LOL
I also have the Mazerunner trilogy on my Good Reads list; I have heard it is great and I'm in the queue at the library :) Reading is fun when it's not for school!!

Margaret said...

I'll have to look up both series, never heard of either. So smart to get them to sign your nook!