Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines...

So I have to share my Singles Ward "Valentine" experience. My singles ward currently is meeting with another singles ward. We have our own sacrament and relief society/elders quorum meetings and we then meet all together for sunday school. It is different and Im not sure how I feel about it but at least the other ward has good looking men which makes things more bearable :) anyway... this last sunday was the day before Valentines Day. We went about our regular sunday and when us girls got released from relief society we went out in the hall to see the men from the other ward standing in the foyer with roses. They had gotten roses for all the girls in the ward. We all stood there in shock and watched as each girl walked out excited and we just sat ther staring. Ha ha... I literally felt like I was in a movie. All I could think about was "why don't the men in our ward do thoughtful things" After watching this for a few minutes we finally turned away and walked out. I was a little bummed but oh well... I told my mom the story which she thought was pretty funny. Then on Valentines day she brought my cute niece into my work with a dozen roses :) and a cute valentine that Brinsley threw on the floor when my mom told her to hand it to me... ha ha!! That was much better than any single rose from a guy :) Thanks mom... Love you!!!


Then the day after Valentines Day my dad generously took us out to dinner an La Caille!!! It was super super yummy!!! Thanks dad... Best Valentines day ever!!!




4 comments:

Margaret said...

This post made me laugh so hard!!! Especially the part where Brinsley threw your Valentine on the floor, haha. So funny. Glad you got to eat at a swanky place.

Lesley said...

I have always wanted to eat at La Caille on a "normal" day. I hope it was wonderful.

Jenna Bishop said...

how cute I love your mom!! you should switch to the other singles ward ;-)

Andrea said...

Beats my Valentines Day Jenny! BJ was out of town all week... and I ate a crayon that I thought was a chocolate! (now thats disappointment for ya!)
So, I changed the video on my blog to pubic. You have to watch it. Theres one part in particular that I know you'll get a good laugh at... Poor Myla! :)
Your mom is so sweet. And how nice of your dad! Thats awesome. (And YUMMY) I've only been to La Caille once. In high school. You were there, right!!? :)